Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

two part question about log in's

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DaveyCS

DaveyCS

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

I saw a program for making up pass words for logging in! I can't remember where. Can you help find it? Just did a search and it didn't show it. I was curios if they make one that keeps the logins and automatically puts them in at the right address or site. I know that my Norton's 360 has that feature, I love it. I can mange them. Is there one like that? :thumbsup: :flowers:

Thank You David C Sr
"Thank You Very Much".........

Davey Crockett Sr

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:51 AM

Keepass is the first one that comes up on a Google search.

http://keepass.info/

#3 DaveyCS

DaveyCS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

Thanks that one part. fantastic! That's what I was looking for. I didn't see a price?
Second part: What about a password generator now.
:thumbsup: :flowers:
Thanks Very Much David C Sr

Davey Crockett Sr

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

Hello .. see bottom of page.
Is it really free?
Yes, KeePass is really free, and more than that: it is open source (OSI certified). You can have a look at its full source and check whether the encryption algorithms are implemented correctly.

This actually does both. Also free.
Password Scrambler
a browser add-on that allows you to automatically generate secure, hard-to-guess passwords for every site you visit, based on a master password of your choice.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 DaveyCS

DaveyCS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

Alright now I'm ready to Rock and roll. I'm ready to get rid of Norton's, 360 2.0 v. They have have good tech support. But I've had a ton of problems, with them.
Has anyone else had problems with them? I'm just curious???? :thumbsup: :flowers:

Thanks David Crockett Sr

Davey Crockett Sr

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

Great, use this to remove all of it.
Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hi David,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

I apologize that you you have had problems with Norton 360 version2 and I would like to help you resolve the issues that you are having. I would also like to advise you that as long as you have a valid subscription, you are entitled to a free update to Norton 360 version 3, which I highly recommend.

Norton 360 version 3 contains many enhancements over previous versions, installs in about 1 minute, consumes very little system resources and contains many new and enhanced features to keep your computer protected against threats.

If you could please describe the issues that you had with Norton 360 version 2, I can then assist you further and also provide you with the instructions to install the free update.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back from you,
Mike

Alright now I'm ready to Rock and roll. I'm ready to get rid of Norton's, 360 2.0 v. They have have good tech support. But I've had a ton of problems, with them.
Has anyone else had problems with them? I'm just curious???? :thumbsup: :flowers:

Thanks David Crockett Sr

Edited by Michael York, 17 April 2009 - 04:53 PM.

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users