Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems router and/or modem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skysierra

skysierra

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

I have a small network - 9 computers all running XP. ATT is my DSL provider. On a daily basis, we lose our internet connection. 6-10 times a day, if not more. I look at my modem and the DSL light is off. I then have to powercycle the modem. Sometimes the DSL starts working again right away and sometimes not. In the event is doesn't, I have to then powercycle my linksys router.

I have contacted tech support for ATT and Linksys. Both keep telling me it is the other's fault. I feel like I'm just running in a big circle.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Contact ATT and tell them that you now only have one computer connected and you are experiencing the same problems. They generally blame the other for such problems. You may have Noise in your phone lines and this is causing a bad connection. ATT can solve the problem if its from the pole to your house if its a problem in your house you will have to take care of the problem your self or pay them to install a new jack (with running a new line).

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 skysierra

skysierra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

Thank you very much! I'll try that today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users