Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem - Can't run any downloadable games.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Randosity

Randosity

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

Well whenever I run some big games, they don't run. I try running Soldier Front and it says: "Game of Gameguard file corrupt". So I reinstall and it says the same thing. I had this before and I reinstalled Windows again and it fixed it [virus]. I JUST reinstalled Windows last night in attempts to fix it as it's the only solution. [Somehow, someone keeps getting this computer infected]. But I still can't run these games for some reason. Before I reinstalled, I tried to make a backup on iTunes like I did the time before, but it wouldn't back up. Also, my iPod wouldn't sync because it said, "device is not connected", however my iPod was clearly in the USB drive. I don't understand why, but it said that again today, though I think it might just be because I had a different playlist. I'll try re-syncing soon. But I didn't know if the virus somehow disconnected all of my drives? I figured the reinstall would fix them. Any help please? I didn't get another virus already, so I'm not infected, I'm just having this serious problem.

EDIT: It wasn't drives not connected, it was "device". My computer doesn't recognize that they're there. Anyways, still can't fix the gaming problem.

Edited by Randosity, 14 April 2009 - 03:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

Are you reformatting your drive before you reinstall windows?

If you have not reformatted your drive before the reinstall, you are not getting reinfected, you are STILL infected.

#3 Randosity

Randosity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:07 AM

Well when I reinstall [it doesn't use disks, it has on some partition thing in my D:\RECOVERY drive], it has an option to do destructive recovery which deletes everything and it said reformatting, etc. So it completely erases then reinstalls. But I think I might've gotten some backdoor or something, so this time I installed the updates right away [102, 2 years worth of updates] and it looks OK so far, I'm about to check out the drives.

But when it reinstalls nothing is on my C:\program files and everything i dl is gone so I believe it deletes.

Good news btw, the weird files aren't there [the ones that were there after my previous reinstall] and I think the virus might just be gone this time.

#4 Randosity

Randosity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:12 AM

=D good news the drive is detected!!!11

omg i think it's fixed, gonna dl itunes now and see if all is well

also gonna try sfront later on ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic