Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Eaglesoft Dental Software

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 skysierra

skysierra

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hi all, I'm new here. I searched around the forum and am hoping I am posting this in the right section.

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with Eaglesoft which is software designed for a dental office by Patterson Dental products. I have been in contact with their techs and they cannot seem to help me. I thought I would branch out and see if anyone here has any ideas.

Problem: While trying to access certain parts of the software, such as running a report or printing patient statements, the software will completely freeze up. It happens just about every time. We are forced to ctrl+alt+del out.

I have cleaned out as many programs as possible, I have adjusted our start-up to only what we need, I have ran ad-aware, KIS and Spy-bot - all came up clear. Eaglesoft techs seem to think it is a problem with Kaspersky. So I disabled KIS and the problem remained. They also suggested making sure my adobe reader was up to date, which it is. When I informed the tech of this, she told me well you've done all we can think of, sorry. I'm at a loss at to what to try next.

We have a small network - 9 computers. All running XP. Most were configured by Patterson to have the appropriate amount of hard drive and memory. One of the 9 computers is acting as both a server and a workstation.

I'm not sure what other information you may need. I also am not sure if anyone here is even familiar with Eaglesoft, but I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance,

Alicia

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tmparsley

tmparsley

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

Hi Alicia...

I use Eagle soft too... and what you just described happens to us about 3-4 a week... we are only 2 computers on a network so it really hasn't been too bothersome... But it makes me wonder after reading this post what is going on and whether or not this problem will grow as we add more computers to the network?

Have you had any resolve to this issue? I'm going to point this out to them via online support now that I found your post.

Thanks
Tina

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

Dealing with proprietary software that is your best course of action
If you get any type of error messages we minght be able to track those down
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 ask4jon

ask4jon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:55 AM

i have a customer with the similar configuration and was having the similar problems, we went to 15 and have been flawless since. what version are you using

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

Added to the above. You may want to check hard drive free space and the amount of memory currently installed on your systems.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 fristson

fristson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

i am using 14 but plan to move to 15 here as soon as i up grade to 1 gig. i hope this will fix the problem.

#7 Jack Cramer

Jack Cramer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

Thats really sad that this is going on. I can't imagine having that problem at work. That would be a nightmare. Have you all just considered switching software. It makes life so much easier. Here, I'll put a link to the dental software that I use. Goodluck with the problems.

Hi all, I'm new here. I searched around the forum and am hoping I am posting this in the right section.

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with Eaglesoft which is software designed for a dental office by Patterson Dental products. I have been in contact with their techs and they cannot seem to help me. I thought I would branch out and see if anyone here has any ideas.

Problem: While trying to access certain parts of the software, such as running a report or printing patient statements, the software will completely freeze up. It happens just about every time. We are forced to ctrl+alt+del out.

I have cleaned out as many programs as possible, I have adjusted our start-up to only what we need, I have ran ad-aware, KIS and Spy-bot - all came up clear. Eaglesoft techs seem to think it is a problem with Kaspersky. So I disabled KIS and the problem remained. They also suggested making sure my adobe reader was up to date, which it is. When I informed the tech of this, she told me well you've done all we can think of, sorry. I'm at a loss at to what to try next.

We have a small network - 9 computers. All running XP. Most were configured by Patterson to have the appropriate amount of hard drive and memory. One of the 9 computers is acting as both a server and a workstation.

I'm not sure what other information you may need. I also am not sure if anyone here is even familiar with Eaglesoft, but I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance,

Alicia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users