Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So, could there be a virus or something on my computer that isn't being detected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MistyMoon

MistyMoon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

Okay, so this is a problem with my computer that I'm really worried about, I'm not sure what is going on, but I open my internet security, I'm using Panda Internet Security 2009 and it has a report of all the stuff that it does, right, and the date and times at which it happens, like blocking spyware, phishing, viruses and connection attempts, etc... and I look and it is saying that it's blocked a few connection attempts with the firewall protection from an i.p address that is my i.p address. I just noticed this a few days ago, and it's been happening ever since, it happens exactly one hour apart everyday and it also happens as soon as I turn on my computer, I've also noticed a few days ago, by visiting this website ( http://whatismyipaddress.com/ ) that my i.p address is randomly changing, this morning I checked there and I have a new i.p address apparently, it's the third one I've gotten since I noticed the problem. I've scanned my computer for viruses and stuff with my Panda Internet Security 2009 as well as scanned with Panda Active Scan 2.0 online scanner, Bitdefender online scanner, Spybot Search & Destroy, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, SUPER Anti Spyware and they have all found no viruses and nothing bad on my computer, my computer isn't acting strange in any way at all. I'm connected to the internet through a cable modem, not a router, I have a wired connection, not wireless. So can anyone tell me what might be going on for this to happen, cause I have no clue and I'm worried that there might be something bad on my computer that isn't being detected. If anyone could tell me what might be going on, or if there is anything I can do, it would be appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

I've also noticed a few days ago, by visiting this website ( http://whatismyipaddress.com/ ) that my i.p address is randomly changing, this morning I checked there and I have a new i.p address apparently, it's the third one I've gotten since I noticed the problem.

An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is a unique address used to identify a computer and communicate with other computers. Computers can use static or dynamic IP addresses. A static IP address is a number assigned to a computer by an Internet service provider (ISP) and intended to be its permanent (fixed) address on the Internet, thus, it will not change.

However, there are not enough IP numbers for each computer so many ISPs and DHCP Servers limit the number of static IP addresses they assign by utilizing a pool of IP addresses instead. The ISP will temporarily assign a dynamic IP address automatically to a requesting Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) computer from this pool of addresses and it will change each time you connect to the Internet. When you disconnect from the Internet, the temporary dynamic IP address is returned to the IP address pool so it can be assigned to someone else. When you reconnect, you are then assigned a different dynamic IP address from those available in the pool.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users