Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing audio device mouse keyboard after normal shutdown!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bravestarr5

bravestarr5

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:18 AM

very difficult as havin to use on-screen keyboard.
i installed software for motorola l6 and played solitaire, then shutdown last night. this morning couldn't logon to vista cos of no mouse or keyboard. dug out a usb mouse and used the onscreen keyboard to find out in devmgr that high def audio controller, two instances of my intel core2 duo cpu e7300, generic pnp monitor, pci standard isa bridge and umbus root bus enumerator all have the yellow ! icon.
driver details says could not initialize (code 37)
tried microsoft help ;uninstall, reboot and reinstalling but that jus returned (code 37) again.

please help!this pc is about 3 wks old!

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:48 AM

The make and model number for the computer would be a good place to start :huh:
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 bravestarr5

bravestarr5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

yeah sorry but as i said onscreen keyboard!!

its an Acer aspire x1700

comes with vista pemium, nvidia geforce 9300ge, intel core2 duo e7300 & 3gb ddr2 and standard ps2 mouse&keyboard and lcd monitor

i checked diagnostics/system performance and found all problems mentioned tv_ConfigMgrErr37 if that helps. hopefully this means i only need to fix the 1 thing!

none of the drivers will uninstall/reinstall. but after full scans with spybot&avg none of them seem to be infected either

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

tv_ConfigMgrErr37
I cannot find anything closely familiar to that
Have you tried a System Restore or boot to last known good configuration?
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 bravestarr5

bravestarr5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:10 AM

I couldn't access either of those options due to no keyboard. Well I did try system restore but the last (and only) restore point was created whilst I was trying to sort out the problem, so no joy.

I've taken drastic measures and bought a wirless logitech mouse/keyboard as it connected via usb.
Although, strange as it seems, after installing the software from the bundled cd and d/ling and installing the update it stopped working! After uninstalling the software its now working. Hence all this typing :huh:

No Idea

I did find whilst trying to scan the driver folders for virus/spyware infections, that there is an ACER directory, in which is a seperate driver folder to that of the Windows one.

Not sure but think this might have a BIG part in my problem.
Maybe whilst booting this folder has somehow been ignored/skipped and no longer allows Windows to access the necessary drivers.

I will contact ACER but if you guys do have any ideas it would be great!!

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

I did find whilst trying to scan the driver folders for virus/spyware infections, that there is an ACER directory, in which is a seperate driver folder to that of the Windows one.

There's nothing unusual about that
Mark
Posted Image

#7 bravestarr5

bravestarr5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:51 AM

Well the drivers contained in that particular folder don't exist in the windows directory but do relate to the devices with the problems. Is it not possible this has something to do with my problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users