Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warcraft III Lagging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ragtimesolo

Ragtimesolo

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

Hello everyone again @ BleepingComputer. I've come across another problem with my computer. So, I just recently decided to upgrade my Dell XPS 400 with a GeForce 8600 GT GPU and 4 GB of RAM. I've also installed another sound card because the one integrated on the computer broke. You would expect this rig to at least be able to run Warcraft III with 60 fps no problem right? Wrong. When I enter the game, everything seems perfect, there is no lag and I get good frame-rate. However, as soon as I join Battle.net and play a game, I get these horrible lag spikes that occur literally every second. These spikes make it impossible to play any Warcraft III game.

So, I ran a few tests. If you're not familiar with the game, you're able to play custom games offline. I played an offline game and the game was perfect. There was no lag, no GPU lag, nothing. It ran just as I would expect. So, after this test, I suspected that my connection might be bad, but I used to play on a laptop with a wireless connection and I didn't spike AT ALL. This desktop is connected to my router with an ethernet cable, so I assumed I should get better connection. Wrong again. I also tested for packet loss, and I had 0% packet loss. 50 packets sent and received, no problem.

I tested another game: World of Warcraft. Of course, as you may already know, this is a new (not really, but it came out before WC3) and a MUCH bigger game, considering it has 3 versions: regular, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich king. I get absolutely no lag in this game. I get a constant 70 fps, even in the large cities. I was amazed how well I was playing this game.

Now what could be the problem? How can a newer game run better than an older game?

Edited by Ragtimesolo, 13 April 2009 - 10:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ragtimesolo

Ragtimesolo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:12 AM

BUMP

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

:thumbsup:

Been quite a while, but I think that there is a Patch for it, Mate. Check out their Site? I remember something about incompatibility with some Cards? Blizzard? I think is it?

http://www.blizzard.com/us/war3/

:flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users