Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Defender and Trend Micro

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 liljenn30217

liljenn30217

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

Just curious...Are Windows Defender and Trend Micro compatible? I read somewhere that somethings were not...so just to be sure? Also what is Intel Hub connect technology and RAID event monitor? I was looking through my start up programs and saw they were not digitally signed. Does that matter?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

It's not good to have two ANTI-VIRUS programs running in real-time mode, but its alright to have two ANTI-SPYWARE programs running in real-time mode.

So, just disable real-time virus protection in ONE of the programs.
Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

#3 liljenn30217

liljenn30217
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

....do you recommend i turn off windows defender or trend micro? Or does it matter?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

Windows Defender is an anti-spyware program while Trend Micro is an anti-virus. There should be no conflicts with them running together.

As a general rule most anti-spyware programs like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SuperAntispyware, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, etc will not conflict with each other or your anti-virus if using them as stand-alone scanners. However, if using any of their real-time resident shields (TeaTimer, Ad-Watch, Spyware Terminator Shields, etc) together at the same time, there can be conflicts when each application tries to compete for resources and exclusive rights to perform an action or function. Additionally, they may even provide redundant alerts which can be annoying.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 koolkat

koolkat

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

:thumbsup: I have used them both and I ran into no problems. They are fully compatible and yes I even had no problems
running scans at the same time. :flowers:

#6 liljenn30217

liljenn30217
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

Thank you

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:01 AM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 koolkat

koolkat

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

Also what is Intel Hub connect technology and RAID event monitor? I was looking through my start up programs and saw they were not digitally signed. Does that matter?

:thumbsup: I don't know enough about Intel Hub connect technology and RAID event monitor . Try Google or the File Database here on more info. " Definitely do not remove/delete the files until you consult a pro " but , generally no this is not good :trumpet: that your files are not digitally signed.

:flowers: You could try installing a program to see if your drivers need updated.

Edited by koolkat, 14 May 2009 - 02:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users