Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had Vundo? Now cd drive doesnt work!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 beaners

beaners

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

Hello!! I have done alot of reading on this site for Quite awhile an it has been a great help. I actually removed some nasty trojans from our dell with information from this site. I have an Hp that my kids havent used for awhile and upon hooking it up it had some problems. I got a wireless usb adapter (no ethernet port) and ran malawarebites (said vudo trojan) then ran superantispyware and removed a whole lot of junk. I had a problem with my wireless usb so i uninstalled it (so i could reinstall it) and now my cd drive(no dvd) will not work, it is there in bios so windows recognizes it i think, now i cant get this comp back on the net nor can i download any repair programs onto a cd and run them to try and fix this. I have uninstalled cd drive in device manager and it reinstalled at startup but still no cd, when i put a disc in the light flashes slowly then starts blinking very rapidly. I cant even run system restore, I am really going nuts reading and working on this for hours.... Thanks for any and all help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users