Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have installed a pioneer dvr-1910ls and it will not work.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eboknight

eboknight

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

I installed a pioneer dvr 1910ls and my computer knows its there but it will not do anything. My pc is also showing three cd or dvd drives when I only have two the pioneer and a dvd rom drive. It did not come with a driver disk and I can not find one on the web. The new pioneer drive manual shows the power and ribbon connection which I hooked up just like my old cd-burner but it also shows a audio out which my old one did not have do I need this?

Thanks eboknight

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

Some newer units do not need the audio cable. Is this drive replacing an existing drive? Is this a known Good unit? If you answered yes to both questions try going into your device manager in your control panel and remove the two drives that are not working (the new one and the one that doesn't go to anything). Then restart windows and see if it recognizes the new drive.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 eboknight

eboknight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

The old drive shows up in my computer but not in manage devices. How do I get it off my computer.
I have removed the new drive put the old back in and uninstalled it shut the computer down took out the old cd drive left the bay empty and powered it up and it still shows that the old drive is there when on the my computer screen.

When the new drive is hooked up my PC does recognize it but the only thing I can get it to do is eject.

Thanks eboknight

Edited by eboknight, 13 April 2009 - 07:38 PM.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:26 AM

Is this a new drive or a gently used one? It may be bad.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#5 eboknight

eboknight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

Its a new drive. Is there a way to tell if its bad, but being new and not being to be able to remove the old drive from my computer I tend to think its a software issue.
When I put in a game or dvd it does nothing when I put in a cd is pulls up media player and media player says:
Windows Media Player cannot read the CD. The disc might be dirty or damaged or the CD drive might be malfunctioning.

Thanks eboknight.

Edited by eboknight, 14 April 2009 - 08:16 AM.

#6 eboknight

eboknight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

I downloaded new firmware and ran a few other tests, then I packed it up and sent it back to pioneer, the drive has to be bad.

thanks again eboknight

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

That is a very real possibility sorry it wasn't and easy fix.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users