Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System restore missing from start-accessories-system tools

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soundtrakz

soundtrakz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:11 AM

Just noticed that the shortcut to open system restore from my Dell computer is missing from start - programs - accessories - system tools. I have Windows ME. How do I put it back? (I can still use it from msconfig.)

William

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:05 PM

I'd do a search for the original shortcut "System Restore" and see if it has been accidentally moved to another folder. If it comes up in the search just click and drag it back to the correct location in the Start menu.

If you cannot find it you can make a new shortcut, point it at the system restore application which is C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe that should do it.

hth :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 18 June 2005 - 07:05 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 soundtrakz

soundtrakz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

Rimmer; thanks for your help. I got system restore back where it belongs again.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

Good work! Thanks for letting us know. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users