Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 T man

T man

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:55 PM

My computer was in storage for 1 year and now i just turned it on. It was working before i put it in the storage but now it doesn't like... if everything was erased. When i turn my computer on it changes from one section to another. The first time i turned it on it goes to the manue where it says safe mode, last configration worked or start windows. Nothing works it freezes when loading windows. after i got a reboot disk and did the recovery like 5 times still didn't do anything. Ive tried reconnecting all the wires. When turned it goes to a different section now says media test is failed then to this tab where it says no opration is found and says press F1 to repeat the sequence. What should i do? Get a windows disk? or is my computer is messed up? please help thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mohicans21

mohicans21

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

i think that your OS is already gone. try reformatting your hard drive. maybe the partition where your OS is located is corrupted or unknown already. hope it helps

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

:thumbsup: To Bleeping computer..

First we will need to know what kind of computer you are working with. Be specific with Make and model numbers. If this is a custom build by you or there is no brand name please list the make and model of the motherboard, the Make and model of the Hard disk drive, the make and model of any add on cards such as video cards, Sound cards, and Network Interface cards. There could be a physical problem with the HDD. Was the Storage unit Climate controlled? If condensation has built up on the platters of the HDD it may have made them unreadable. You could try waiting for a few days to see if the Condensation clears up. If it has already been several days we can try a Manufacture Diagnostic test but we will need your computer information first.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

A bad CMOS battery...can cause random, various errors such as you describe.

CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/art...cmosreplace.asp

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users