Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

registry problems after using Uniblue Driver Scanner

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rizqe

rizqe

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

Hi!

I installed and used Uniblue Driver Scanner 2009. It scanned my laptop for drives that had updates, and I installed those updates.

My mistake was that I didn't create a backup! And now it seems like the things I had installed are conflicting with my system.

The problems I'm getting vary:

1. After turning on the laptop, I'll be able to use the internet for a few minutes, but after that I'm not able to surf anymore.

2. I couldn't open any folders, again a few minutes after booting the laptop. This error appeared once:
"Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service."

3. Another pop up error showed up when I was doing something I can't remember right now. Sorry! It was Error 1016.

4. I tried right-clicking My Computer earlier to check my laptop's specs so that I could give it to you guys here, but this error message came up:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access the item.

These are just some of the problems. Basically my laptop has turned useless. ='(

Here are the specs of my laptop (got it after restarting the laptop):
Dell Inspiron MXC061
Genuine Intel® CPU
T2300 @ 1.66GHz
1.66 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

Is there a way to undo the damage?

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Rizza

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rizqe

rizqe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

Hello again,

I tried out system restore and I think the problem's solved. So sorry I didn't try this before posting the problem in the forum.

Thanks!!

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

I'm glad everything worked out for you!

It's ok that you posted this, maybe now someone with a similar problem will see this and it will help them!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 rizqe

rizqe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:00 AM

Hi!

I just recently posted this problem about getting errors after installing Uniblue Driver Scanner:

Hi!

I installed and used Uniblue Driver Scanner 2009. It scanned my laptop for drives that had updates, and I installed those updates.

My mistake was that I didn't create a backup! And now it seems like the things I had installed are conflicting with my system.

The problems I'm getting vary:

1. After turning on the laptop, I'll be able to use the internet for a few minutes, but after that I'm not able to surf anymore.

2. I couldn't open any folders, again a few minutes after booting the laptop. This error appeared once:
"Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service."

3. Another pop up error showed up when I was doing something I can't remember right now. Sorry! It was Error 1016.

4. I tried right-clicking My Computer earlier to check my laptop's specs so that I could give it to you guys here, but this error message came up:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access the item.

These are just some of the problems. Basically my laptop has turned useless. ='(

Here are the specs of my laptop (got it after restarting the laptop):
Dell Inspiron MXC061
Genuine Intel® CPU
T2300 @ 1.66GHz
1.66 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

I thought I solved the problem by doing System Restore. However, there's a new problem. Whenever I right-click on the desktop, the screen goes blue, and the error message says something like a FATAL SYSTEM ERROR. It happens all the time, without fail, whenever I right-click on the desktop.

I don't know if this is a virus problem or internal hardware problem, but since I had the driver problem before I assume it's hardware... if it's not I'll put this post into the security problem forum.

Any idea what I should do about the blue screen?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:34 AM

Well, if it wasn't having this problem before you downloaded and installed the drivers, it probably installed wrong/bad drivers on you. Especially with a pre-built computer like a Dell, you should update drivers through Dell's website, except maybe the graphics card and/or sound. Also, if you weren't having problems before, it's better not to update drivers.

If you are able to go to, control panel, system, hardware tab, device manager. Is anything in an error state (usually a yellow question mark for unknown device, or yellow exclamation point for errors)?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 rizqe

rizqe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the reply!!

I made a mistake with the error. The blue screen error was actually "ialmnt5.sys"

Anyway, I actually did the first suggestion that you gave. Well, sort of. I went to the INTEL website, and there I could check if my drivers needed updating.

It did. I downloaded the update, rebooted in safe mode, and installed it. No more problem!!

Thank you so much! I'm so happy~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users