Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello and Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AK - Jeff

AK - Jeff

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

I have been having issues with my IE8 slowing down the computer. Finally it just would not open any websites. So I attempted to remove it and reinstall. No luck. I am sharing emails back and forth with a microsoft tech, and that is proving painfully slow and still not working.

He finally suggested a download of a program called 'Add-Remove Pro' - which I did. Still can't uninstall IE8. It gets about half thru the process of copying files and says that a certain file is missing. Each time, I report it to MS, and he has sent me the missing file to put on my machine. Then I try it again, and it finds another missing file, and we do it again. This has been going on for couple weeks now.

I have considered just reformatting the HD [though I have no idea where to start with that]. I made recovery disks when I first bot the box, But what if something is not right in the recovery disks - I would be up the creek wouldn't I?

I have noted a few other problems as I went through this process - although a file search shows that I have MSPaint, I can't seem to access it - it doesn't show up under Window Components in Add/Remove, and no icon in the programs anywhere.

I am only moderately computer literate. So be gentle?

Thanx a million. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

Have you tried IE8 Automatic Uninstaller from Microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700#fixit4me