Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lease obtained, lease expires.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 akoako1019

akoako1019

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

Something happened with my ethernet internet. I couldn't connect. Then it solved itself, but there's one thing:
Posted Image
I don't remember that it was there... what will happen when the lease expires? obtain means when the computer was turned on... every time I reboot, the obtain time will change...

So, is it normal? what will happen when the lease expires?

Please, help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

Actually obtained can be at any time, the dchp lease on the ip givin to the computer/device will have a specific time... Being that what is displayed, it means your lease is 24 hours long... So if you do not turn your computer off for say 25 hours, the obtained and end will be different dates that what it was...

#3 dr2i4ve

dr2i4ve

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

DHCP is handed out typically by your router at home. The lease obtained is simply stating when your computer received it's IP address. The lease expiration is when your computer will renew it's IP address with the DHCP server. Typically you will receive the same IP address and won't even notice anything happening.

#4 akoako1019

akoako1019
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

OK thanks... ;)
so. there's nothing to worry about...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users