Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Best of the best, forgetting all of the rest

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Christoph182

Christoph182

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:09 AM

Hey guys, I was just wondering. Im kind of a newbie to fishing because I havent done it since I was a kid. I tried looking this stuff up on the Internet or google but it gives me big huge stories and stuff. I want to know a break down of what kind of line does what. Because on google everyones website gives me a story about fishing line I just want a breakdown how expensive each one is and what its good for.

And for crankbaits, I remember when I was a little kid my cousin would let me use all of his crankbaits. I could cast out real far with one orangish/blueish one (on the ones from rapala.com if you dont know what Im talking about) I bought one of these and its's really light and doesnt go far. Whats the importance of difference in size?? I know that the bigger the lip the more it dives.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Christoph182

Christoph182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:13 AM

also on spin caster reels I cant think of the name but what is the metal part where you open it to cast out. and when your line is out you close it. "open your _____" cant remember the word.

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:25 AM

Thats called a Bale. Not sure if I spelled that right. As far as the line goes, depending on what type of fishing you are doing, monofilament is fine. The higher the test, the more your are "cheating". I say that because its more difficult to land a big fish with lighter line and takes more finesse.

The bigger the crankbait the bigger the fish. As far as casting them goes, the ones you remember as a kid may have been solid body ones that were a lot heavier. Thats how they used to make them and they would cast a lot farther due to the weight.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 Christoph182

Christoph182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

Do they still make solid body ones??

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:11 PM

I'm not sure but you can add a sinker or weight to the line ahead of the leader (if you use one). Check at flea markets, yard sales and the like. There's a whole new catagory of antiques being built up around old fishing equipment and some of the stuff is becoming quite valuable. The ones you are thinking of were probably those carved from hardwood and they usually had lead inserted in them.

I've had a lot of success with the rattlin' Raps, made by Rapella.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users