Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound in my laptop

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mustan

mustan

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:49 AM

i have uninstalled my realtek audio driver due to problem in my headphone ( i m hearing my voice in speakers) and reinstall form driver CD know in device manager a PCI device is their with a yellow mark.
i also install latest driver from lenovo website by the result is same their is no sound .................Plz help
Its a lenovo laptop
Model 3000 g410

Edited by mustan, 13 April 2009 - 07:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,824 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:15 AM

Here you can find all the drivers for your laptop. I had a quick look and saw the audio-drivers from realtek, just choose the one for your operation system.

As about how to update the drivers in the device manager, have a look at this tutorial.

Post back if you have still problems.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 mustan

mustan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

i have install realtek driver and after installation completed i rebooted my system but their in no realtek high definition audio driver in sound, video and game controllers option of device manager and still their in no sound what i do know

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 60,824 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

So your audio was fine (except for the headphone) before uninstalling. After you uninstalled the driver you had, you installed the one from your original driver CD and since then your system does not recognize the audio device.

Do you know where the originally installed driver came from? Have you changed your soundcard after buying your laptop?
Was the PCI-device in the device manager before you uninstalled your driver?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

#5 mustan

mustan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

no i dont no were the original driver came from i think it was installed through driver CD that came with laptop.
i have not changed my sound card and i dont no about the PCI device i think its their before uninstalltion.

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 60,824 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Can you explain how you uninstalled the Realtek driver? Using the device manager > uninstall?

regards, Elise

#7 mustan

mustan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:02 AM

yes i have uninstalled from device manager

#8 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 60,824 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:10 AM

Did you download also the driver from the site I posted earlier or did you only use the driver from the CD?
Sorry I am asking so much, but I have to get the picture here, you seem to have uninstalled a working driver, and after reinstalling that exact same driver things dont work as they should.
Did the Realtek installation go without problems/prompts etc?

regards, Elise

#9 mustan

mustan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

Elise thanks for ur help and u can ask all the detail
yes i have download the driver form the site and run that EXE and it run without any problem but after finishing the setup and rebooting the system their in no realtek driver.
i have a driver in my device manager which is COMPAQ THERMAL SENSOR is this making problem should i remove this bcoz i think it is of no use for my system and i think it earlier it was not present in my device manager and then reinstall realtek. Give ur suggestion it important for me.

#10 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 60,824 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Can you please check if your add/remove programs list contains the Realtek High definition Audio Driver?
Click Start » Control Panel and double-click add/remove programs. Wait until the list of programs is loaded and search the list for this entry.
If it is there try to uninstall it and re-install.

regards, Elise

#11 mustan

mustan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

i have done this and know realtek is working and sound driver is OK
thanks for ur help

#12 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 60,824 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

Glad I could help. I think your uninstall was somehow not complete and thats why it wasnt working.

regards, Elise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users