Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't see!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 travina8

travina8

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:06 AM

For some reason my computer has decided it can only display in 2 color or 16 color. I can hardly read the post here. This topic may already be covered here but I can't see well enough to find it. My resolution is also set to 640x480 and will not let me change it. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:58 AM

Either one of two things happened....the driver for your video card is having problems loading or you having hardware failure. What type of video card do you have and have you tried downloading a new video driver?

If you can tell me the make and model of your video card, I will try to guide you. If you do not know the model, tell me the type of computer and model you have

#3 travina8

travina8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:34 PM

The card is a Trident microsystems. I have restarted after removing it from my device manager list. At restart it was picked up, and drivers were loaded with no problem. In device manager it also says the display and the video controllers are working correctly. My computer is a older model Hewelett Packard. At one time it was networked in with 2 other computers. Could this be the problem?

#4 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:37 PM

No the networking should not be a problem, and finding newer Trident drivers will most likely not happen. Do you have the option to raise the resolution past 640x4680 and can you change the color settings higher than 16 colors?

#5 travina8

travina8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2004 - 10:45 PM

No in my original post I meant to say that. The only option for colors are 2 and 16.
I have the option to change the resolution, only it will not let me. I have always had the option of other colors and of screen resolution until yesterday.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:47 AM

Hmm..you may want to see if you can find the driver for the card and reinstall it. You may also want to open the case and make sure the card is firmly seated in the slot.

If it still says the card is operating properly...you may want to consider purchasing a new card.

#7 travina8

travina8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:35 AM

Finally I can see!!! Windows loaded the wrong driver for my display adapter. I still don't know why it ever took it out. Anyway it is fixed and thank you so much for all your advice and help. I am soooo glad I found this site.

#8 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:00 PM

Our pleasure. Glad it worked out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users