Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible to transfer all hd data onto flash drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 333nnn

333nnn

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:12 AM

Motherboard: Elite Group ECS P4M900T-M2, socket 775, supports 4 Gigs RAM, accommodates two DDR2 unbuffered DIMMS
O/S: XP Home from installation cd I bought directly from MS, 32 Bit
RAM: 1 GB Crucial PC4200 DDR2 533 MHz
CPU: Intel Celeron Dual Core E1200, 1.6 GHz, 512K, 800 MHz, OEM, Advanced Performance Series, Allendale, socket 775
PSU: Power Up 450 Watt ATX
HD: WD Caviar SE, 320G, IDE
Monitor: Samsung 2032NW, SyncMaster, 5ms, 3000:1, Dynamic Contrast, 20
DVD burner: Memorex multi format, double layer
CPU fan:Ultra X Wind, aluminum socket
Case: from an old Compaq Presario
Avast scanner, Comodo firewall, Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, CCleaner

I want to use a usb flash drive as a hd backup, so I want to just copy the entire contents of my hd onto the flash drive without painstakingly picking and choosing amongst my files which to transfer to the flash drive. Is there a simple way to do this? I only use a total of about 30 Gigs on my hd. Thanks for any replies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 exile360

exile360

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:18 AM

It should be possible to image the hard drive and save the backup image to your flash drive using a tool like Macrium Reflect Free Edition. That way if your hard drive crashed, you'd have it backed up and could later restore it exactly as it was. A good tutorial on how to do it can be found here along with tutorials on doing the same thing with other tools (although Macrium Reflect seems to be the easiest method).

#3 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:45 AM

no, It is not possible when you data size is too big in front of USB size.

#4 exile360

exile360

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:39 AM

32Gb Flash Drives on Newegg. They have 64Gb drives as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users