Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

direct 9.0c help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 john14_09

john14_09

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

here's my problem, I recently had a windows 2000 and switched to xp. I had directx 9 working perfectly but had to re-download it for my xp. when I downloaded it again, it said my DDI version was too low (it's version 7) to cooperate with direct3d 9. it's the same computer and gfx card as it was before i switched. also, changing the gfx card is not a option due to the fact my xp is a laptop. is there a way to change my DDI version? it seems as though the term DDI refers to my primary display driver. the driver is for my s3 savage IX GFX card. the driver is called s3gsavmx.dll. so I think thats the version of the driver. please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 exile360

exile360

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:27 AM

Greetings :thumbsup: .

If you can find exactly which graphics chip is in your laptop you should be able to get the most recent driver here although I don't know if it will work or not (hopefully it will). Just find your exact chip and download the most recent driver listed for it for Windows XP.

#3 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:44 AM

try to update from here
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

#4 exile360

exile360

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:47 AM

it seems as though the term DDI refers to my primary display driver. the driver is for my s3 savage IX GFX card

I believe he was looking for a driver update, however, if the directX update is needed, it would probably be best to go to the source: DirectX End-User Runtimes (March 2009) on Microsoft.com.

#5 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

have you tried running dxdiag?

try this

start>run>dxdiag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users