Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC will not boot up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hammy1708

hammy1708

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:55 PM

Hi,

I was happily using my PC, launched iTunes whih asked me to download the latest version which I did. It then said that for the changes to take effect I had to reboot the PC. I clicked 'yes' and the PC restarted itself......and then froze.

It makes a loud whurrring noise, the initial E-machines screen appears with a pentium 4 logo and that's it! I've tried holding in the start button for 5 seconds and starting it again that way. I've done this 3 times to no avail. I've tried the escape key, the ctrl, alt, delete trio, the space bar and all result in nothing.

Any assistance anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Karnac

Karnac

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

Try F8 on startup ......choose Last Known Good Configuration and see if you boot normally.

#3 Guitarist

Guitarist

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

Hit F8, Go to start in safemode with networking

if it boots up

click on the start menu
go to all programs
go to accessories
Click command prompt

OR

Click start> Click Run> Type cmd and hit enter

when the command prompt is open type "sfc /scannow" without quotations and hit enter you made need your windows cd but it will try and fix any corrupted files in windows

hope that helps :thumbsup:

Edited by Guitarist, 13 April 2009 - 12:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users