Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time for a new monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gao

Gao

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

My monitor just bit the big one. It was a 19" flat CRT (don't like LCD personally) capable of high rez and refresh rates with a respectable dp. I'd like a new one that's just a capable. Most of what I do with my PC is gaming ya see. I was wondering if any of you know of any good brands/sites I could take a look at? I'd like to stay under 200 us dollars if possible. With the searching I've done so far I've only com up with one: an AOC International, the "9KLR". Is anyone familiar with this brand/model at all? Also, while I'm on the subject, what's the deal with these monitor filters? I play quite a bit and I get headaches and stuff so I kinda like the idea. However, they seem to be just as expensive as the monitor themselves. Some of them seem to be WAY more expensive. Why is that? Are they actually worth the exorbitant prices?
Many thanks in advance to all who post.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:43 AM

This looks like a good one, not flat screen:

ViewSonic E90B Black 19" CRT Monitor 15-pin mini D-sub - Retail

Bandwidth: 202MHz
Complies with: Meets ENERGY STARŪ and MPR II, standards
Dot Pitch: 0.27mm diagonal
Horizontal Fresh Rate: 30~86kHz
Input Video Compatibility: RGB analog (75 ohms, 0.7Vp-p)
Maximum Resolution: 1792x1344
Panel: Shadow Mask CRT
Recommended Resolution: 1280x1024
Vertical Fresh Rate: 50~180Hz
Viewable Size: 18"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824116302

Total: 175.99 us

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

Hi Gao,
I don't know anything about the monitor filters you mentioned but I do have experience with the ViewSonic that Techsomething saw - its probably a good monitor, apparently there are a lot of them about, but I couldn't stand it because the display has two lines permanently across the screen (a function of the design of the tube apparently, they all have it) and although you do not notice them in game play when you are wordprocessing or web browsing the lines are really, really, really irrritating.
I'm currently running a Philips 109B5 (19") which took up about 3/4 of the desk space of the Viewsonic, was cheaper, and didn't have lines across the screen.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users