Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HOw do web sites make money?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Silent Observer

Silent Observer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

I've always been thinking that how do the websites like "www.google.com", "facebook.com", "orkut.com" etc make money...
i've never seen any add on google.com then what's their source of income....?? how it pays them when we use thier server ???

can anyone explain plz ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

i've never seen any add on google.com

Of course you have. Plug in "truck" into google. Look at the right side of the search results. Do you see where it says sponsored links? What do you suppose those are? At the top of the results, there are some more sponsored links with sort of a pinkish/salmon colored background? Those are ads.

#3 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:50 PM

Websites make money on a few different aspects... First there is advertising... You can either use an advertising company such as Google.com... Or the you can do the advertisements all on your own...
Second, you have payed services, as well as free services... If your website is going to provide something people may actually pay for then you can always do that....
Third, is e commerce, you can always make money buy selling things... Plus it saves having to pay for the store...

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

Google reported earnings of 5.19 billion dollars in first-quarter of 2008.

As a business, Google generates revenue by providing advertisers with the opportunity to deliver measurable, cost-effective online advertising that is relevant to the information displayed on any given page. This makes the advertising useful to you as well as to the advertiser placing it. We believe you should know when someone has paid to put a message in front of you, so we always distinguish ads from the search results or other content on a page. We don't sell placement in the search results themselves, or allow people to pay for a higher ranking there.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/corporate/

#5 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

Almost every user in internet is using google. The outcome is lots of clicks on adds. I am not sure if google generates more profit from google search adds or google adds at websites.

Facebook is full of adds. Actually facebook adds, are in my view the best. I click it all the time. If that would be possible, I would love to put facebook adds on my websites. I think facebook has lot of potential in this.

But I keep wondering how does bleepingcomputer.com make money? :thumbsup:
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users