Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

graphics cards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cartmansdad

cartmansdad

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:38 AM

Hi

My friend has an old pc which he recently bought an ati radeon x1650 pro 512mb graphics card to play on RUNESCAPE.

He bought it so he could go HD on it ( dont know why) but it wont go into HD mode when he plays it.

I know there have been lots of problems with Runescape HD but wondererd if it could be his card or his old pc or if its something else.

I updated all his settings including latest Java but still nothing

I dont even know if this is in the correct section

Any help would be gratelly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

Ruenscape is poorly optimized to run smoothly. I can run many graphically intensive games on my system, but when I go and play Runescape in HD mode, it will be jittery at times.

Did you download and install the latest drivers from the ati website? What are his other system specs?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 cartmansdad

cartmansdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

Hi, thanks for replying.

Fixed it, found out it was a conflict between latest version of Java and his 6 year old pc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users