Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change text files in windows vista?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FUNKYgroovy

FUNKYgroovy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

ok so i have this game and i have vista and i cant change any text files because an error message pops up. can someone tell me how i can change the files? the error says make sure pathname and filename are correct. they are correct dude....

Edited by FUNKYgroovy, 11 April 2009 - 05:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 exile360

exile360

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:36 AM

Where are the text files located? If they are in the Program Files directory, you will need to copy them somewhere else, like your desktop, change the file as you want and then paste the modified version into the folder it came from (UAC will prompt for permission). Windows will then ask if you want to replace the file or not, you obviously do. If these are config files from a game that you're playing with, you might want to backup the originals somewhere as well in case something goes wrong with your edits.

#3 FUNKYgroovy

FUNKYgroovy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

theyre from a game :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users