Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a HiJackThis waiting room reminder?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 ohsogirly

ohsogirly

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

Before everybody flips out and yells at me, pls realize i'm only asking, not demanding obviously. I noticed in the past that most of these forums have a "waiting room" if you haven't rcv'd a response in 3 or 4 days then you can post a reminder. That's all i'm asking about.

I posted all of my detailed info on the 7th and was just wondering when it might be looked at. I'm not saying they're not busy, don't care, or that i'm some miss high and mighty that deserves help before anyone else. I'm just asking.

And for those of you other forum posters who are wondering why i'm putting so much thought into this particular post.....i've seen plenty of post in the past on various forums where somebody is asking a question and the whole damn world jumps on them.

So I guess if it's gona make you feel better, go for it. Tell me off. Realize I won't give a crap though. My only concern is my computer which is why I came here in the first place. But thx anyways.

Peace out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hello ohsogirly,

I know how frustrating it is when your computer is not running properly. Please be assured that your topic is not forgotten, ignored, or lost. We work with hundreds of logs every day, so we have devised a means to see only those topics that have not been answered. At present our oldest unanswered logs are from April 3, Eastern Daylight Savings Time in the United States. Your topic was posted on April 8 12.17 a.m. according to that same time zone. I don't even want to try to count the number of unanswered logs before yours.

Although we try to take hijackthis logs in order (starting with the oldest), not all of our Volunteer HJT Team members have the same level of skill and expertise, and it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. While I understand your frustration, in either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I cannot say, however, just when that will be. There are too many variables. The sheer quantity of logs that comes in every day has made a "waiting room" no longer practical.

Thank you for your understanding. This topic is now closed.

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users