Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

do i wait?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chicken2

chicken2

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:45 PM

i have never used this site before, i sent my log file. do i just wait for someone to get back to me. if I do wait, about how long should i wait...plus, does a virus still comtinue damaging your computer if you don't turn it on? thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

Hello chicken2 and welcome to BC.

I just had a look and your HJT log is nearing the top of the list. Our HiJack team are all volunteers and they work hard at helping people remove malware from their computers but they also have lives beyond computers (although I wonder about a couple of them :thumbsup: ). Please be patient and they will respond to you as soon as they can. I'll take a guess and say that it will be sometime tomorrow, if not sooner. If you have email notification enabled in your Control Panel you will receive one when a reply is made. Based on what I saw in your log, you are going to be busy when they do get to you. Once they start working on your log, the situation will be reversed and they will be waiting for you.

A virus will be dormant when your machine is shut off, but sometimes turning it on and off can make things worse. Don't worry about using it until you get some help from our team. You will be pleasantly surprised by the improvement in performance when you do get the malware off your computer so the wait will be worth it.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 chicken2

chicken2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:00 PM

i am gonna be patient, i really appreciate you guys for helping me out. Sorry if it seemed like i was rushing you.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:23 PM

No need to apologize. I can understand the frustration when your machine is running poorly.

I see that Grinler is working your log. You've got one of the best there, so the wait was worth it. Hope everything works out well for you.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users