Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Sound Forge 9

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Bitchen

Mr. Bitchen

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

In the middle of a function, such as Graphic EQ, Normalize, etc., Sound Forge pauses for over a minute, stuck on whatever %, then resumes after about 2 minutes. It's a new computer (to me), and this program has never done that to me on any other PC I've owned. Could this be some setting in the BIOS or Configurations?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr. Bitchen

Mr. Bitchen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

I could not edit my post so I had to update with a new post:

I noticed in Task Manager that "winhlp32.exe" shows up while Sound Forge is hanging. If the program doesn't lock up, "winhlp32.exe" doesn't show up in Task Manager.

#3 Sparkleflap

Sparkleflap

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

What OS are you running?

winhlp32.exe is the Microsoft Windows Help File viewer.
Jason Vidler
Technical Support
Ryan Catholic College

#4 Mr. Bitchen

Mr. Bitchen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:01 AM

XP Pro. Yes, I know it's part of the Help Service, but it even shows up when I disable it in Services. That's another thing I don't understand.

#5 Mr. Bitchen

Mr. Bitchen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:35 AM

Ok... I went and downloaded a trial version of the old Sound Forge 7... no pauses, no freezing. However, with Sound Forge 8, I get the same problems as with 9. So now the question is this - does anybody know of some fundamental differences from Sound Forge 7 to Sound Forge 8 & 9 that would cause these major hiccups? :thumbsup:

#6 Mr. Bitchen

Mr. Bitchen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

It seems to be my Anit-Virus' task scheduler. "Inotask.exe" - when I stop the service in Task Manager, Sound Forge 9e runs like it should. On the other hand, I have my A/V set to update it's signatures every day. I can't just disable it. Also - I have the exact program & settings on two other PCs in my house. This doesn't make sense. Anyone? Anything?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users