Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer and MSN explorer problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Foofsmom

Foofsmom

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:22 PM

Ok I am sorry I posted this in the wrong spot first off. I sent it to the wrong space

So my problem is when I use IE or MSN explorer I can't click and go anywhere Like in Pogo I can get IN pogo but not to individual games or rooms. In MSN groups I can get in most groups but I can't post any reply or new discussion. When I click on a link or a button it just sits there and goes no where.

My word pad is now missing

I can't turn my computer ON after turning it off for even a second without using a hair dryer on the back of it for SEVERAL minutes

I cannot acces system restore. It is just a blank white page

I run Windows XP (Dell Dimensions 4550)

I have done hijack this so many times I can't count. I've done killbox, I've run my ad/spyware scans, I've done registry repair, I've done registy first aid I have done my virus scans too

I tried to uninstall and reinstall my IE and and MSN explorer and I don't think it even UNinstalled. I reinstalled using a disc I got with my computer but it didn't do anything different. Still acted the same. This started about a week and a half ago. I have emptied my prefetch, my temp folders and my cache thingie. No change tho.

Hopefully someone can help?

Cindy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:05 PM

There comes a time in every computers life when you need a good old reformat to get the job done. Im talking delete everything and start new with a clean operating system.

You can refer to this guide to reofrmat your harddrive
http://www.techsomething.net/SupportMiscel...ourComputer.htm

#3 Foofsmom

Foofsmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:35 PM

OHHH thankyou so much. I shall look into finding the code tomorrow . Right now it is dark in my house as everyone is sleeping LOL so I'm off for the night but I did want to thankyou so very much. Hugs and kisses MUCHO hugs

Cindy

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:40 PM

sarcastic?

But seriously, what happens over time after installing and uninstalling applications and playing things, registry keys get left it starts to lag your system and cauyse small unnoticable problems.....then it builds up and one dfay you have annoying errors and things are missing stuff doesnt load so sometimes you just gotta kill it and start over.

#5 Foofsmom

Foofsmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:41 PM

did you think I was being sarcastic? I wasn't trying to be. I am HONESTLY a puter NO NOTHING. I have installed and UNinstalled lots of stuff over 2 years for sure. NO I was serious when I said THANKYOU Trust me I panic easily so this has me FREAKED out.

thanks for helping me

:thumbsup: Cindy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users