Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shinners

shinners

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

hello guys,

can anyone advise me on this problem im having.

When i switch on my PC it brings me straight into the page where it asks me if i want to run windows from safe mode etc....

it gives me 5 or 6 options ( safe mode, safe mode with networking, last know point...... and 1 or 2 more options )

its a black screen with options in white letters.

if i choose any option, it brings me back to start up and the same screen appears a few minutes later.

so its like a loop effect. I cannot get passed this page.

Im running with windows XP, the Pc itself is roughly 5 years old.

Does anyone have any idea how i can bypass this? i do not have access to the initial Windows installation disks.

i am logging in from a friends laptop at the minute.

any help would be greatly appreciated, and i would prefer not to have to bring it to a repair shop as it can cost too much for the age of the pc, and i do not want to loose all my data.

any ideas>>???

thanks in advance.

shinners

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

First Try Last known good configuration of you haven't already. Second locate a windows Xp installation CD (Not a OEM supplied disc unless its for your specific computer) and Do a repair install. If you can't find a copy of windows contact your computer manufacture for a replacement disc. If your system is custom built and you have a licensed copy of Windows Xp and you have you licensing Key you can contact microsoft for a replacement Disc.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 shinners

shinners
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

hey i tried the first thing you suggest, it just brings me back to the same page.

ill have to ask around for a disk. do i ask for a windows Xp installation disk?

appreciate your help.

shinners

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

Which ever version of XP you have. Professional, Home, Mediacenter
Chad Mockensturm