Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVGNSX.exe and a ton of instances

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Salvi

Eric Salvi

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

So recently I need to take control of my ever so slow computer and downloaded COMODO firewill and after cleaning up useless start ups and such I also found a great tutorial on how to take control of AVG free 8.0. I just wanted the virus and spyware stuff installed from AVG so I turned off a lot of annoyances. Now everytime I turn on my computer I get 2 outbound connections that avgnsx.exe is using and then as soon as I go into firefox it jumps up to more like 30 connections. Can this slow down the computer? How do I limit that? Do I need to have avgnsx.exe running? how do I turn it off? Is there a better free virus protector out there?

Thanks guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iDukeHelp

iDukeHelp

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

When it asks for permission, and you know that the program requesting it is legit (firefox, video games, etc), hit the checkbox so its checked and click all for all. Now it wont ask again for it.

#3 Eric Salvi

Eric Salvi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

Yeah I knew that and did that but when I view the actually outbound connections when starting up firefox I go from 2 connections to 20-30.

Do you know why avgnsx.exe (avg) actually need to all of those connections? Is there a way to slim it down?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users