Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Coby .mp3 player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buck65

buck65

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

I have a Coby MP200-1GB .mp3 player. All the songs play except some, when I plug it in to my computer the songs that don't play show up, which tells me they're there but when i listen to music those songs never play. However at a certain point while listening to music on it , it freezes or just won't play. Could it be that one of the songs is actually a file that contains a virus, which causes the player to skip all the files. I used iMesh to dl the songs in question, could that have something to do with it? Thanx in advance for your help. Happy Easter/Passover.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

It might be a virus, but the files just might be corrupt.
Do a virus scan with your AV on the computer then plug in your mp3 player and run this application

Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 buck65

buck65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

I figured it out, some of the files were .wma files. Just had to convert to .mp3. Thanx for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users