Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS VIDEO GRAPHICS PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vishalsignap

vishalsignap

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:10 AM

I'm running Windows 7 (Build 7000) on an lenovo pc (Intel Pentium 4 - 2.8GHz, 2.00 GB RAM). my pc's actual graphics card is "Intel 82865G Graphics Controller" but windows 7 installs it as "standard VGA graphics card" which gives me a very bad video quality on all media players. howerver when i updated video graphics back to my "Intel 82865G Graphics Controller" & play any video or any desktop activity, computer hangs.

I keep having hard locks when using various software mostly involving video.

i tried changing carious 3d settings in opengl as well.

one thing i've noticed is windows 7 comes preloaded with direct3D (directx 11) but my graphics card is directx 9 . do u think theres a conflict ther?

Does anyone please help me out of this??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 danr

danr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

Have you tried the compatibility manager directly or via the trouble shooter?

If not run it and select the newest OS you know the video device worked with on that computer, it should correct the problem for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users