Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible GFX Card Fault

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reecie

Reecie

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

I've been having an annoying problem when i start up games, Monitor flashes on and off? it ONLY happens when i start up a game, if i leave the game open too long itll continue to do so until i restart.. could this be a monitor issue.. or a graphics card issue.

I figure if it was the monitor.. it constantly happen instead of when i just open games...

GeForce Ti4200 128MB, i know its outdated.. and in need of an upgrade but the games used to work 'perfectly'

any help appreciated, thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:14 AM

What resolution are you running your desktop at, and what is the refresh rate (represented as hertz). Now, what is the resolution the game is trying to run at?

Has it always done this, or did it begin after a hardware or software change? Have you always been using that monitor?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

What game are you trying to play and what version of Direct X do you have?

Edit: To find out what version of Direct X you have go to the run command in the start menu and type dxdiag and press enter. The Direct X version will be listed under the system tab at the bottom.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 11 April 2009 - 02:31 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users