Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search engine virus/ Moved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 mario92

mario92

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

Umm, hello whe i go to any search engine and type in some random thing example: sonic and when i click on the link i get a different link. umm can anyone help me with this? P.S. I have recently removed winPC defender from my computer but it still wants to act funny. please respond soon because there are 5 people using this computer :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,804 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hello mario92 and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS unless a log is specifically requested.

In order to assist you, we need more information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What kinds of sites are you being redirected to? Please do not post live links.

Are you experiencing pop-ups or other issues?

there are 5 people using this computer

Do these 5 people each have their own user account? What kind of accounts do they have? Limited, guest, administrator?

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 mario92

mario92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

umm we have Windows XP service Pack 3
no we all use the same account
experiencing pop-up
and they redirect me to just random sites sometimes they have remotely something to do with what i searced for.
umm i recently installed hijackthis and i think i found the problem it's just that i cannot delete them at all and when i use the delete on reboot option i cant find them anywhere they are both R0 files.
umm soory about not posting the log before i couldnt install hijackthis before because the virus found it and destroyed it and when i changed the file name it opened up. again sorry about that. i just installed it today.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,804 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

Hello mario92,

I see that since I moved this topic that you created another in the web-browsing forum that does contain a HiJack This log and that it has been subsequently moved to the MisPlaced log forum. Please note that you should only have 1 topic for an issue at a time. This is to avoid confusion for everyone involved.

It appears from your latest post that you have been using HiJack This to "fix" things. This is not a good idea if you don't know what you're doing. I certainly wouldn't do it without receiving instructions from a qualified expert.

That said, do you wish to attempt to resolve your issues in this forum? If so, I'll close the other topic which is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218647/search-engine-redirection/

If you prefer to receive assistance in the HiJack This forum, please follow the instructions in the response to your post there. Please let me know which you prefer to do.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,804 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

Since you have now posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218676/search-engine-redirection/ this topic is now closed. Good luck with your log. ~ OB

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users