I have a confession to make: I read the posts and ran GooredFix and it seems to have taken care of the problem.
It's one of the safer tools, there's nothing wrong with selfhelp, we need all the help we can get.
Let's run an online virus scan called Kaspersky or KAV for short, from http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/d...kavwebscan.html
using Internet Explorer.
Please disable your resident Antivirus before performing the scan and re-enable it afterward.
1. At the main page. Press on "Accept". After reading the contents.
2. At the next window Select Update. Allow the Database to update.
Note: If prompted to run or update your Java, then follow the prompts to do so. Kaspersky requires Java to run.
3. Once the Database has finished, under the Scan icon Select My Computer to start the scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.
4. Select Scan Report.
5. If any threats were found they will appear in the report
6. Select "Save error report as"
Then in the file name just type in kaspersky
Under "save as type" select text .txt
Save it to your Desktop.
Please post the KAV scan report in your next reply.