Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

random disconnects

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 username455

username455

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Just recently one of our 3 computers is having connectivity issues. Ive looked all over for an answer but cant find anything in my "language"

This computer will randomly disconnect from the internet and immediately reconnect. So surfing the web is fine, but for playing online or LAN games I get kicked off completely. Also, when I first turn on the computer the internet wont work.

The only way to fix this is to open the tcp/ipv6 and v4 settings and re-click obtain dns and ip address automatically. (they are already selected, I just click the box again). Then everything works until the next random disconnect. The windows diagnosis says DNS problem but I dont know what to do. And its only this one computer.

Any ideas? I appreciate the help.. its driving me mad!

-John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:04 AM

Well if it is only that one computer... Firstly I would do a AV/AS scan... If that doesn't help, I would set the DNS to the routers IP address... Are you on wireless or wired? If wireless, I would make sure you aren't around a lot of interference.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

It appears ISP problem to me. You need to call them and complain.

#4 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

Romeo - He can call his ISP all he wants, unless the call center only hires certified techs, there will be nothing they can do to help him... Even still, chances are, they will try and say that he just needs a new router...
Also Romeo, it is only one computer having the problem, not the entire network... So I would really wonder why it is you think it could be an ISP problem?.?.?.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users