Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe 0x075606e6a 0x00000008

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rmjacobi4

rmjacobi4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

Hello. My name is Ryan. I'm a new user. I apologize if I am posting this incorrectly. I read the tutorials and am trying to comply with the rules of the site. Here's my problem (which I see others have already posted). When I turn on my computer and log onto Windows I get an error that reads:
svchost.exe- Application Error The instruction at "0x75606e6a" referenced memory at "0x00000008" The memory could not be "read." Click OK to terminate the problem.

After this message appears, my computer usually locks up completely. Even when I try to move or click the mouse there's a weird "beep" and my computer won't respond. The only action I can take is to hold the power button down to shut it off. Also, my sound is very inconsistent. It will work when I turn the computer on and then stop working after the computer finishes booting up. Sometimes the sound just doesn't work at all. I also cannot connect to the internet. I typically connect to the internet through a wireless connection, but even if I plug the modem directly into the computer, my computer will not detect a connection. I see that you have advised others with similar problems to download a few programs onto their desktop to aid in fixing the problem. This is not an option for me since I cannot connect to the internet. (I am submitting this over my roommates computer). When I log onto my computer in safe mode, the wireless networks are detected but I cannot connect to them and I cannot connect through a wired connection either.
I also cannot perform a system restore and have no idea what to do. Thank you in advance for your help. As I stated earlier, I am new and I see that a lot of the posts have an "HJT Log" at the end of them. Maybe I missed something on the site tutorials (if so, I apologize again), but I don't even know what that is. If I have not included enough information in order to start correcting the problem, I will be happy to submit whatever information I am missing. Please just let me know what else you need. Thank you again.

Ryan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

Welcome to our forums!

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. If you cannot use the Internet or download any programs, you are going to need access to another computer (family member, friend, etc) with an Internet connection.

Please download Dr.Web CureIt and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, save to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer to the infected machine, then install and run the programs. If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the MBAM setup file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive. For Dr.Web CureIt you will only need to double-click on launch.exe.

You will also need to, manually download the database updates for MBAM, save and transfer them as well. After installing MBAM, just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install and update.

Mbam-rules.exe is not updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions is to install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program, update through MBAM's interface, copy the definitions (rules.ref) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system.
  • XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows to show it.

Print out and follow these Instructions for scanning with Dr.WebCureIt in "safe mode".
If you cannot boot into safe mode, then perform your scan in normal mode. Be aware, this scan could take a long time to complete.
-- Post the log in your next reply.

Print out and follow these Instructions for scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform a Quick Scan in normal mode.
  • Check all items found for removal.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

Some types of malware will disable Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it and changing the file extension. <- click this link if you do not see the file extension
  • Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file, rename it to mysetup and change the .exe extension to .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat.
  • Then double-click on mysetup.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to begin installation.
  • If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.
  • Right-click on mbam.exe, rename it to myscan and change the .exe extension in the same way as noted above.
  • Double-click on myscan.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to launch the program.
If using Windows Vista, refer to How to Change a File Extension in Windows Vista.

If you cannot use or complete a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan in normal mode, then try performing a Quick Scan in "Safe Mode".

Scanning in safe or normal mode will work but removal functions are not as powerful in safe mode. In fact, it loses some effectiveness for detection & removal when used in safe mode because the program includes a special driver which does not work in safe mode. However if you cannot complete a scan in normal mode, then give safe mode a try.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users