Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RichCopy how to select multiple source folders?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

Anyone using RichCopy from Microsoft?? It claims you can select multiple input folders but it doesn't tell how as far as I can see.

IOW you can select a folder source including all subfolders and files, and select another, then initiate the copy to a destination folder.

I couldn't see any mechanism to add the second source folder. All I could find in the help file is an option to merge the output. Not how to select the 2nd input.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sono1

Sono1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:43 AM

Hi, maybe you've found the answer by now, but incase you haven't

If you are manually entering the Source Path do as following example

S:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Input1;G:\Input2;C:\Documents and Settings\Laptop\My Documents\Input3

In example above I'm taking data from 3 different source folders & disks named Input1, Input2, Input3
As you can see each different path is seperated with a semi colon ;

Using the Browse tab Source(1) just keep opening the displayed tree and place a check against the appropriate folders required.

Hope this helps, Cheers

#3 MilesAhead

MilesAhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:57 PM

Thanks for the info Sono1. Just as an aside, I did a W7 beta Custom install where you get the Windows.old folder. I don't think I ever could have copied it across the network without RichCopy. Well, I could have, but it would have meant letting some other program count the files for about 8 hours before going to the next step. :thumbsup: I think I had nearly 206,000 folders, files, and links in that Windows.old! And that was with about 70% free disk space before W7 install! :flowers:

Edited by MilesAhead, 10 June 2009 - 01:58 PM.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users