Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Driver Failures

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LockeWatts

LockeWatts

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

This morning my computer froze and hung, before I shut it down. Upon rebooting, I found that many device drivers will not function properly. I am using a computer with the following specs:

HP dv9000z
Vista 32 bit, Business Edition
1.6ghz dual core AMD Turion Processor
256mb nVidia GeForce Go 7600
4GB Kingston RAM
nForce Chipset
Altec Lansing Speakers

I'm unsure what other specs might be needed. Currently though, the following things are showing up as having defective drivers in the Device Manager:
HP Quick Launch Buttons
HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
RAS aSync Adapter
Terdo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
WAN Miniport (IP)
WAN Miniport (IPv6)
WAN Miniport (L2TP)
WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
WAN Miniport (PPTP)
Coprocessor
Conexant High Definition Audio
Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

The HP Quick Launch Buttons are no longer showing up as installed, but instead showing up as 'Unknown Device'. I have tried to reinstall the drivers using the executables on HP's site, and yet every time I reinstall, they still appear as damaged in the Device Manager and still will not function properly.

Does anybody have any advice as to how to fix this? I am sure it is not the hardware itself that is damaged as my Ubuntu partition runs fine, using it's respective drivers. I currently have full access to the filesystem and can boot into it. Vista right now, has no USB, no Audio, and no Internet, as well as no HP buttons.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users