Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple hotmail accounts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

Is it possible for hotmail to remember all my 3 hotmail addresses?
Because the messenger does that when I click on "Remember me", but I always need to retype my email addresses for checking emails.

I know that there is a auto-forward function in hotmail (like from old to new), but that is not what I need. :thumbsup:

I remember in WLM 8.5 I never needed to login again to check emails, but WLM 9 does not work that way anymore. :flowers:

Any ideas? :trumpet:

BTW, this is about remembering the email addresses, not passwords.

thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:47 AM

I stay logged in on one Hotmail account and forward other Hotmail account and ISP email account to that one account.

That doesn't answer your question though as I understand it. Next time you log in see if that option is mentioned.
Other options such as the one I mentioned can be found by clicking on options and then clicking on more options.
You should see the options below and more.

Manage your account

* View and edit your personal information
* Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts
* Forward mail to another e-mail account
* Send automated vacation replies
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:03 PM

I prefer to use each email accounts individually, and I don't understand why I need to login twice (msn then email) if I have previously logged into another account. It seems like WLM is separated from hotmail, which is strange because people use the same login info for both.

but thanks for the info.

any other suggestions?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

Once you have forwarded 2 of your email accounts to the third account, you can switch to each hotmail account by clicking on your name in the top right corner of the email page once you have logged into the third account and choose a different account from the drop down list.

If I log out of my "main" account and then click on the link I set in my bookmarks, the log in page for hotmail opens. I do not log in twice like you do. I never see MSN in either IE or Firefox.

If the "Today" page opens when you log in, there is an option to skip the "Today" page.

Edited by buddy215, 10 April 2009 - 09:11 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

thank you, I finally got it to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users