Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming on Wireless

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cryolite

cryolite

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Hello =]

Ive got a microsft cordless desktop keyboard and while i know that cordless keyboards arent the best choice for gamin i was interested to know how long the battery life would last if i play around 2 -3 hrs of fps games per day... On my keyboard pack it says that most users will experience around 6 months of battery life but i realise that when playing fps games you send out a craplot more signals since your fingers are almost always pressed on 2 mor more keys (WASD kinda stuff) so i would expect the battery life to decrease...
Has anybody had any experience with microsoft keyboards? And if so care to share?

ThanksYou =]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

Im personally using an old HP wired keyboard-a keyboard is a keyboard to me. as far as wireless, man go logitech, they have far better wireless technology then microsoft.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:33 AM

I recently got rid of an older Microsoft wireless keyboard. I had it about 3 years, it was fine, the mouse that came with it went bad so I bought another brand this time. I don't do a lot of gaming, just the older stuff I own, but the battery did last quite a while before I had to replace it.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 cryolite

cryolite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:06 AM

Im personally using an old HP wired keyboard-a keyboard is a keyboard to me. as far as wireless, man go logitech, they have far better wireless technology then microsoft.

yeah had a logitech wireless mouse ... it was awesome.... i just really like the style nad price of the microsft keyboard especially the flat keys...

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

I had a Logitech Wireless Gaming mouse and NEVER had a problem with battery life even when doing a 16 hour Relic Raid in Dark Age Of Camelot. Sadly that mouse was eaten by a pet. :thumbsup:
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 prasad581

prasad581

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:45 AM

yes i am also having logitech wireless mouse but i dont have any battery life problem

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

my logitech mouse advertised 8 months battery life, i originally laughed at that when I bought it, because I do a lot of excessive gaming. figured there was no way it would last that long under extensive use, didnt bother me. but guess what? it was about 8 months to the day when those batteries went out. Was a logitech die hard fan before, am even more of one since. Ill put it this way, my first logitech mouse was a bottom of the line crappy optical mouse, and that mouse lasted about 4 years. In that same time period my brother bought high end microsoft keyboards/mice and In that time went through 3 high end microsoft keyboard/mice combos, and a few cheapies to. So my bottom of the line mouse lasted longer then his high end stuff, really makes ya wonder about microsofts quality control, dont it. but some people have had better luck with microsoft keyboards, admittedly he was rough on them (he had a tendency to bang them around when he got mad at the game, but my stuff has gotten banged a few times to. . .) so if thats what you want, purchase for your own convenience and comfort, after all its your computer. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 mckooter

mckooter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:29 AM

well as long as were on the mice topic a bit, ive had a Logitech MX-1000 laser mouse since the first day it came out, been a while now, they are rechargable and the battery isnt directly replaceable, it used to be great. 30 days or more per charge, now it seems like i get 3-4 days of actual use out of it. id reccomend replaceable batteries, that way if the unit lasts a while you can continue to get long battery life out of it.
You can just call me Chris

I found out I was Marilyn Monroe in a previous life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users