Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logonn/Logoff Loop/ Moved

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 parrotmania

parrotmania

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

After a run-in with MS Antispyware 2009 trying to sucker me into buying their evil product, I am now living a nightmare. (This happened after I tried to watch a movie online, so I assume there is a connection.) MS Antispyware persisted in annoying me and there was no "x" to get rid of it, so I shut down the pc. A few minutes later I tried to boot it up and logon and the nightmare has begun. When I type in my username, it says "saving settings", then "logging off". Not sure if it says exactly "saving settings", but nonetheless, seems like it is going to logon, then it does logoff. I have tried this repeatedly to log on, to no avail. In SAFE MODE it is on a loop as well, a constant on/off loop. I am fairly pc-challenged, or I would have taken advice after googling away. I do not have an xp disk and after reading several people dealing with this problem, they didn't have any luck with that anyway. Heeeeelp!!!!!! Thanks...........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

1: Keep tapping F8 after you boot your computer.

2: Select (MOST RECENT SETTINGS THAT WORKED)

3: Post back and tell me if it worked.

If not, then ill give you detailed instructions on how to get back in.....

:/

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hello parrotmania,

I am moving this topic from the Windows XP forum to the Am I Infected forum which is more appropriate for the subject matter. To avoid confusion, I am also deleting the logless duplicate topic you created in the HiJack This forum.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 receng56

receng56

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

Hi parrotmania

In an ideal world you will need an XP disc in order to get to the windows XP recovery console, unless it is already installed on your computer. Try and borrow one from a friend and post back when you have one!

Edited by receng56, 14 April 2009 - 09:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users