Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

New Nigerian Scam?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

:thumbsup:

Can you honestly believe the latest one. I did edit out a few Links, just in case.

Dear Friend,

My name is Sgt, ANNA JOHNSON. I am an American soldier with Swiss background, serving in the military with the army 3rd infantry division.With a very desperate need for assistance, I have summed up courage to contact you. I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of ( $ 3.2 million u.s.dollars )three million, two hundred united states dollars to you, as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here, this is no stolen money, and there are no danger involved. I am presently in a hospital recovering from injuries sustained in a suicide bomb attack.

Source of money:

Some money in various currencies was discovered in barrels at a farmhouse near one of Saddam's old palaces in Tikrit-Iraq during a rescue operation, an it was agreed by staff Sgt Kenneth buff and I that some part of this money be shared among both of us before informing anybody about it since both of us saw the money first. This was quite an illegal thing to do, but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risk we have taken with our lives in this hell hole. Of which my brother in-law was killed by a road side bomb last week.

Please view website for confirmation:
xxxxxxxxxxxx

The above figure was given to me as my share, and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a British contact working here and his office enjoy some immunity, I was able to move the money to a security company in Thiland as a diplomatic baggage. They are now waiting for us to provide the name of beneficiary who they will transfer the funds to. The reason i want you to claim the funds on my behalf is that as a soldier, i cannot present a concrete evidence on how i made such a big amount of money down here. Besides the US Government is trying their best to keep their eyes on soldiers here in order to effect a high level of discipline among us.The moment i am sure that you are willing to assist me, i will give you the information of the security company and the security code of the baggage.I want you to tell me how much you will take from this money for the assistance you
will give to me.

One passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this matter with anybody, should you have reasons to reject this offer, please and please destroy this message as any leakage of this information will be too bad for us soldiers here in Iraq. I do not know how long we will remain here, and i have been shot, wounded and survived two suicide bomb attacks by the special grace of God, this and other reasons i will mention later has prompted me to reach out for help, i honestly want this matter to be resolved immediately, please contact me as soon as possible, my only way of communication is email. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yours in Service.

SERGENT ANNA JOHNSON
Camp MXP-512 Third Infantry Division Unit(T.I.D.U),
Abul Uruj,bagdad,irag
Contact me at my email: xxxxxxxxx

Aw come on that is totally sick.

I feel that as an Aussie, how does everyone else feel?

:flowers: :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,552 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:26 PM

Dear Sir

Please Reply via Email: reply email deleted by poster.
INVESTMENT

My name is Sgt Henshaw Wear, I am an American soldier with Swiss background, serving in the military with the army’s 3rd infantry division.

With a very desperate need for assistance, I have surmond up courage to contact you.

I found your contact particulars in an address journal hence I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of ( $ 15.3 million u.s. dollars ) Fifteen million, three hundred thousand united states dollars to you, as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here in iraq, this is not a stolen money but the gift of my dedicated service.

Source of money:

above version taken from here: http://www.dailyscamalerts.com/archives/sgt-henshaw-wear.htm

Google: 'American soldier with Swiss background'
and you will find an assortment of names, but the same basic text. Some with the exact same typo's but a friendler sounding name.

There are as many as you want to conjure up. Just insert name of choice with a simple copy and paste like I did. It's a scam just like the millions that are in real life scamming people about to lose their homes to foreclosure to name just one really nasty one going on now. Just because it's on the web, doesn't make it any more or less criminal or disgusting. It's crime plain and simple. It has nothing to do with nationality or pride or anything, it's how disgusted are you about predatory crime, period.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Helio

Helio

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

i have been shot, wounded and survived two suicide bomb attacks

Wow, she's awesome.

Where do I sign up?

:thumbsup:
Resistance is futile.

#4 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:50 PM

Dear Sir

Please Reply via Email: reply email deleted by poster.
INVESTMENT

My name is Sgt Henshaw Wear, I am an American soldier with Swiss background, serving in the military with the army’s 3rd infantry division.

With a very desperate need for assistance, I have surmond up courage to contact you.

I found your contact particulars in an address journal hence I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of ( $ 15.3 million u.s. dollars ) Fifteen million, three hundred thousand united states dollars to you, as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here in iraq, this is not a stolen money but the gift of my dedicated service.

Source of money:

above version taken from here: http://www.dailyscamalerts.com/archives/sgt-henshaw-wear.htm

Google: 'American soldier with Swiss background'
and you will find an assortment of names, but the same basic text. Some with the exact same typo's but a friendler sounding name.

There are as many as you want to conjure up. Just insert name of choice with a simple copy and paste like I did. It's a scam just like the millions that are in real life scamming people about to lose their homes to foreclosure to name just one really nasty one going on now. Just because it's on the web, doesn't make it any more or less criminal or disgusting. It's crime plain and simple. It has nothing to do with nationality or pride or anything, it's how disgusted are you about predatory crime, period.

Totally agree on that, Animal, it is just disgusting to see American Troops maligned in such a fashion to me. Poor Buggers give up their Lives and the surviviours have to face up to this Crap? That just ain't FAIR!

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

these scam artists will do anything to get a buck out of you, including mascarading as soldiers, and its lame. I get so sick of these emails, and personally, I get a kick out of turning around and scamming them back. I email them back using a false identity, and pretend to fall for their scam, and in the end I get them to waste their time and money doin retarded stuff and making international phone calls to phone numbers that dont exist. its the least I can do, scammers suck and need to go out and get a real job.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

I think the more recent thing of providing links to the news items to "prove" they are genuine is both the sickest and lamest part of the scam.

Some of the names they make up are pretty crap too. Mr Christopher Kenneth? Do some research there, 419er.... :thumbsup:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users