Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Locked Out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gtopaul

gtopaul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

I woke up this morning to a Stopzilla msg in the lower right corner of my screen saying it had isolated two files and a reboot was required. Not having my first cup of coffee yet I didn't write the file names down and just hit the reboot button. The system rebooted into the initial sign on screen, where you have the selection of users to choose from, and when I selected my name the system just blinked and did nothing. The only option is another eboot which does the same. Tried to reboot the system in safe mode but it brings me to the same screen where I can't go anywhere and it won't take my sign on. Where to go from here? I have a laptop which I'm typing this from and the desktop is disconnected from the internet. This system is using XP.

Thanks.

Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gtopaul

gtopaul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

I tried to reboot from the Windows XP CD a few minutes ago. Once again it takes me to the Windows Welcome screen where I click my name and it says loading user profile and then says logging off. There seems to be other on this forum that are having the same problem so this shouldn't be unique. Somebody has to have a fix.

Paul

#3 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

Can you get into safe mode, and use the administrator account to log in?

Also did you try and use some kind of password cracker?

Instructions to get back in:

1: Restart your computer.

2: After it shuts down rapidly type F8 until it brings you to a black screen with white letters.

3: Select (MOST RECENT SETTINGS THAT WORKED). (SOMETHING LIKE THAT)

4: You should be able to login.

~StickDude101

Edited by StickDude101, 09 April 2009 - 07:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users