Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Microsoft SQL Server 2005

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jen Joluene

Jen Joluene

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

I want to remove Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup from my computer. I tried to remove it using Add/Remove Programs, but I received the following error:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup

There was an unexpected failure during the setup wizard. You may review the setup logs and/or click the help button for more information.

I clicked on the help button, but this "help" function required me to send information to Microsoft. I am not sure that I want to do this.

Is there another way to remove this software? I found a tutorial of how to do this, but I know nothing of the company that wrote the tutorial. It is located at, How to uninstall MS SQL Server 2005 manually!

I am also a little nervous when I am asked to make changes to my Registry. Is this the way to go, or does someone have a better (maybe easier) way to delete my SQL Server 2005?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

I would follow Microsoft's directions

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909967

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143412.aspx
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Jen Joluene

Jen Joluene
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

A quick review of Microsoft's instructions tells me that I will need to read and re-read the instructions several times and then dedicate a considerable amount of time to completing the instructions.

Maybe leaving the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 on my computer is the easiest course of action; at least for now.

Thank you for you help!

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

It's not for the faint of heart.
I recently had to uninstall a MS application. After going through 5 pages of notes and instructions, It didn't remove everything and I ended up reinstalling the OS anyways
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users