Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Launch Toolbar Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Limpopo

Limpopo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

Hi

I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I am having a problem with the Quick Launch Toolbar. Hopefully someone can give me some help or ideas please?

I removed some software that I had been trialling (an automatic defrag program) using an uninstaller that I have been using for years without any problems previously. Since then, my Quick Launch toolbar keeps losing its settings on a re-boot/boot up of my computer and instead of having my icons in a nice order over two lines, the icons become sorted in to one line alphabetically. I have tried a registry hack of "NoSaveSettings" but this hasn't worked.

It's frusrating as I thought I had it sorted last night. When I booted up my computer today, they were where I expected them to be. I then shut down my computer and came back to it later today. Booted up and this time they had all lost their positions and were in one line again. It's almost as if Vista has two boot-up routines and depending on the time of day, it decides on which one to use!! it is very frustrating and I am looking for ideas as to how I can stop this happening without having to either start all over again by re-installing Vista, or setting up a new profile and then spending ages transferring everything across.

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users