Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Disk?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samad1104

samad1104

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:41 AM

I am having a assembled PC.

Configuration of PC is :

Motherboard : Intel 810 chipset - PC Partner
CPU : Intel Celeron 667
RAM : 64 MB
HDD (IDE) : Segate 10 GB
CD Drive : 40x creative

Problem :
When ever i start the PC. It takes lot of time to load windows 98 and also working in windows 98 it takes more time to open a program, while saving or closing a program it hangs. When working for more than an half hour or so..PC goes into not responding stage..
and after pressing ctrl+alt+del keys.. a System is busy..blue screen with msg is displyed and i have to restart the PC and then PC does'nt boot. When trying after hour or so.. PC boots normally..

Please advise..

Regards,

Wahid

Mod Edit - Moved to appropriate forum - Leurgy

Edited by Leurgy, 17 June 2005 - 06:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:59 AM

Hello samad1104 and welcome to BC.

Try going to Start>Run> and typing in msconfig. Look under the Startup tab to see what programs you have running at startup. At the top of this page you will see the link for our Startup Database. Enter the names of these startup programs into that and disable any that are unnecessary. See if that improves your system performance.

Edited by Leurgy, 17 June 2005 - 07:00 AM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:41 AM

I'd also run a hdd diagnostic tool on your hdd. The symptons your having could also indicate there is something wrong with the hdd. Seagate has a generic test that will work on any HDD. If there is a error sometimes these can be fixed by a zero wipe of the drive.

When was the last time you defragged the drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users