Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

On-Screen Keyboard Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AeroMonk

AeroMonk

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

I'm not sure who to ask for help, so if this is the wrong place please tell me where to go. I'm having a problem with my On-Screen Keyboard, the one that already comes with every copy of Windows XP. For the past year the overall size of the Keyboard has been decreasing. About last year is when it first happened. The OSK decreased in size by 20%, I didn't know how it happened and everything was still readable so I just went with it. But then last week its size decreased by another 50%, which made the keys of the OSK look like tiny rectangles instead of squares. It almost made them unreadable. And then yesterday it happened again, but this time it's 90% gone. The keys are now completely gone and the only thing remaining is the Titlebar. I don't know how this is happening, because there is no way to manually resize the OSK - so the decreasing size shouldn't even be possible.

As far as I know, I haven't done anything to cause this. In the past 2 weeks, I've been doing almost nothing with my computer. I haven't downloaded anything and I haven't been messing with ANY computer settings. There is one thing I noticed during this last "size decrease". Yesterday morning I was on my computer just writing a letter with my OSK (remember at this stage the keys were still those tiny rectangles), then when I was finished I turned on my screensaver and then left the house. When I came home I went to my computer, moved the mouse, which ended the screensaver, that's when I noticed that the OSK had completely shrunk. So, I don't know if somehow the screensaver made the OSK shrink or if it was something else. But I do know this last time it shrunk when nobody was home.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

Maybe this might help:
http://www.bltt.org/software/xposk/osk_xp.htm#resize_note
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 AeroMonk

AeroMonk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

I don't want my OSK to become that huge. I just want to fix it back to its original size.

#4 AeroMonk

AeroMonk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

Bump.

I still need help. Does anyone know how to fix this OSK?

#5 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:24 AM

Have you looked at the MS site? http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/w.../osklayout.aspx

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#6 AeroMonk

AeroMonk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:22 AM

Have you looked at the MS site? http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/w.../osklayout.aspx

Yes, that was the first place I went too last week, but unfortunately nothing on that website even remotely helps solve my problem. I think because my OSK problem is rare, I'm gonna need a frikken computer genius to help me figure this out.

ATTENTION:
I'm Desperately Seeking a Computer Genius's Help lol :thumbsup:

#7 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

I don't use the OSK so afraid I can't help you there, but have you looked for a 3rd party appn which may bypass your problem.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=on+screen...lient=firefox-a

Cheers, Rob

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users