Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symantec risk history

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dirkmorocco

dirkmorocco

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hi,
I have a question about Symantec risk history. There are several items in my risk history, some with Action of Reboot Processing - Reboot Required, Partial, or just Reboot Processing. What do these mean? Are they still in my system causing problems or not? If so, why can't Symantec fix them? Can they be deleted? Computer has been rebooted several times but status does not change.
I know my computer has something going on because some Web pages are VERY slow and processor will start whirring like it's working really hard. I have Antivirus ver. 10 with the most current updates.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

Well I have not used anything from Symantec since about 2000, 2001... But I suppose those could mean programs that have been removed or quarantined, or are quarantined... If you know you are having problems, it might not be a bad idea to scan for spyware/malware/adware... Personally I like Adaware AE, for that...

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

Risk history is actually a log of detecting infection, quarantining, deleting or repairing it etc. and various steps involved like reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users